2014 HAWAII PREP SAND VOLLEYBALL
November 22-23, 2014
Queen’s Beach - Waikiki
DIVISIONS BASED ON USAV AGE DEFINITION
- Varsity Boys = J8, J7, J6, J5
- Varsity Girls = J8, J7, J6, J5
- JV Boys = J5, J4, J3
- JV Girls = J5, J4, J3
- All players must be current USAV members. Daily membership available at $5/day.
- No open hand on serve reception.
- Tighter hand setting rules on 2nd ball.
- No open hand tipping.
- Hand setting over the net requires being square with the target either forward or backward.
- Net ruling, if player touches the top of the tape.
- If the server’s foot is under the line and/or contact to the line is made at the time of contact with the volleyball, that is a foot fault.
- If the lines are moved during a rally and the ball falls in (based on the line being moved outward) the call is made based on the original lay of the line.
- No coaching allowed (in order to obtain a level playing field). First violation will be a red card and one point awarded to opposing team. Second violation is forfeiture of a set. Third violation is forfeiture of the match.
- Players are expected to familiarize themselves with the USAV Beach Rules: www.volleyballreftraining.com/includes/2013_15DCRbeach.pdf
- Boys = t-shirt or tank, shorts
- Girls = t-shirt or tank, shorts or tights (no bikini tops or bottoms)
- School logo or school colors preferred. No other logos allowed.
- Special jersey may be purchased for $25. More information will be sent to each team as they are accepted into the tournament.
- Varsity Boys = 7’ 11”
- Varsity Girls = 7’ 4”
- JV Boys = 7’ 6”
- JV Girls = 7’ 4”
- Molten Beach Volleyball BV5000
- Aston Waikiki Beach, www.astonwakikibeach.com, #808-923-0711 or call Linelle Hanawahine for special rates #808-395-9541
- Park Shore Hotel, www.parkshorewaikiki.com, #808-923-0411
- Queen Kapiolani Hotel, www.queenkapiolani.com, #808-922-1941
- Aston Waikiki Sunset, www.astonwaikikisunset.com, #808-922-0511
OTHER TRAVEL NEEDS
- Linelle Hanawahine-Sports Travel Hawaii, www.sportstravelhawaii.com, #808-395-9541
- Free parking at Kapiolani Bandstand parking lot.
- Free street parking.
- Honolulu Zoo Parking Lot ($1/hour)
- Queen Kapiolani Hotel (valet parking when space available)
- Register online by Sunday, 11/09/14, 10pm (www.aloharegionjuniors.org/junior-beach-program/2014-hawaii-prep-sand-volleyball-championships/?logout=1)
- Teams will be selected based on preference criteria (earliest registration, geographical distance traveled, fair school participation).
- Emails will be sent to those selected teams with more information about payment and special jersey orders.
- Teams are not confirmed until payment has been received and team name is posted on the website.
- Please email email@example.com or call Cindy Flynn at #728-1534 for questions or assistance with registration.